The short answer is - it depends
There are 2 types of costs:
To prepare for certification, your organization must consider these factors: Time & Cost
- costs for the certification itself - American System Registrar is ready go give you ISO 9001 Certification Audit Quote
- costs associated with preparing for ISO 9001 certification
- How committed is the management team - if they are fully committed the time to get ISO 9001 certified is shorter than if they are luke warm on the project
- Is the organization aware of Quality issues. The more aware the shorter the time frame
- The size of the organization and the complexity of business
ASR believes that being registerd and certified with the ISO 9001 standard is an asset to your organization not a cost. As such, we make sure that each area of conformance, your organization benefits.
- Will you be using a consultant? An experienced consultant will cost money but will decrease the time needed to be certified.
- The gaps between your current quality systems and those defined in the ISO 9001 standard. The larger the gaps, the more cost is involved.
- How detailed is the documentation of your current system? How current is it? Are your procedures, flowcharts, checklists, forms, policies or job descriptions accurate and current?
- What skills and resources are available - do you have to acquire people or systems?
ASR is an accredited ISO 9001 registrar and we have many years of experience working with clients - contact us if you have any further questions.